Unexpected power outages could occur due to a number of reasons, including natural or man-made disasters, unpredictable weather, or other site-specific electrical issues. Any disruption in the electrical supply could potentially lead to:
- Damaged electrical components and expensive repairs for your machinery and equipment
- Staff and customer inconvenience
- Production downtime
- Loss of critical electronic data or information
- Monetary losses
Whether you are a manufacturing facility, workshop, corporate office, or a brick and mortar retail establishment, a steady supply of electricity is imperative for all your business operations. Which means, investing in standby power solutions is a great way to fortify your business continuity plan. However, in order to keep your business running smoothly, it is important to ensure that your generator is ready to go and in good condition at all times, even if it rarely gets used. JLC Electrical Contractors are experts in generator installation and maintenance and will discuss the importance of regular and timely maintenance and servicing of standby generators.
Top 5 Reasons to Invest in Generator Maintenance
You may have already taken the first step, which would be to purchase and have your generator installed, but it’s crucial not to have regular maintenance done to your backup power systems:
- Ensure Continuity in Business Operations: In an unexpected power outage scenario, the last thing you need is a failure in your standby power. Regular maintenance will ensure that the generator is in top shape and give you the peace of mind that backup power will kick in when you need it.
- Prevent Fuel Problems: In the absence of proper maintenance, your generators are susceptible to a number of fuel-related problems. This includes dead batteries, clogged fuel injectors, or algae buildup in the fuel system. Improperly installed or maintained generators could also be a fire hazard, posing a risk to life and property. A routine service will help you avoid such problems and prevent any permanent damage to the generator.
- Minimize Business Losses and Avoid Costly Repairs: Ignoring generator maintenance may save you a few bucks in the short run. However, if the generator components start deteriorating, or the backup power does not kick in when needed, the potential losses of such situations will far outweigh your short term savings. Besides the business downtime and related monetary losses, you may also have to bear huge costs on generator repairs.
- Maximize your ROI: Investing in a generator is a large expense and improving the lifespan of the machine is the best way to extract maximum return on investment. Routine generator maintenance and servicing can help detect and fix potential issues, and keep the system running smoothly for longer.
- Improve Generator Efficiency: When you hire qualified technicians to service the generator, they will inspect the key components, clean any debris, dirt, or algae buildup, and test the overall functioning of the system. Routine servicing will improve generator efficiency and help you save money on fuel, especially if the electricity is out frequently or for a prolonged period.
Reliable Electrical Services by Licensed Commercial Electricians
Whether you have fallen behind on generator maintenance or forgotten about your standby generator for a few years, it is never too late to hire a skilled technician to service your backup power systems. JLC Electrical Contractors offers all types of customized commercial and industrial electrical solutions, including, installation, maintenance, and repairs of all types of standby generators. We focus on creating optimal electrical solutions that minimize downtimes, and keep your business running in a smooth, uninterrupted manner.
For prompt and meticulous solutions for all your emergency electrical requirements in NJ get in touch with the qualified and experienced technicians at JLC Electrical Contractors. Call (732) 332-1100 or contact us online to request a free quote.