Do You Need an Electrical Service Upgrade?
Upgrades to your electrical service are not just a matter of convenience, they can also be a matter of safety. When your home is experiencing problems with the electrical supply, an upgrade can improve the efficiency of your home and also ensure adequate safety. Upgrades typically include changing out your electrical panel, rewiring, etc. It is best to leave an upgrade to professionals, since there are strict local building codes that must be met.
An experienced electrician in NJ can assess your home’s need for an electrical upgrade and perform the job to ensure maximum safety and performance.
Benefits of an Electrical Service Upgrade:
- You will have a more consistent power supply to your home.
- No more breaker trips, blown fuses or flickering lights.
- Your home will be equipped to handle any electrical system expansions in the future.
- Your electrical panel will no longer overheat—reducing any fire hazards.
- Dangerous issues with your home’s electrical systems will be fixed, eliminating the risk for fire.
FAQs About an Electrical Service Upgrade:
- Project Time – Electrical service upgrades can be completed in as little as an hour for a breaker adjustment, while an entire rewiring or main panel replacement could take a few hours to an entire day.
- Types of Upgrades Available – Upgrades can range from adding additional circuit breakers to creating a sub-panel for expansion, to replacing old fuse boxes and inadequate panels, to rewiring the home.
- Cost – The cost of the project varies depending on the scope of work. A complete rewiring and panel upgrade will cost more than replacing breakers. It is best to get an estimate from a trusted local contractor for a more accurate idea of how much your project will cost.
Speak with an electrical contractor today to learn more about electrical service upgrades. JLC Electrical Contractors can assist you with all of your residential and commercial electrical upgrade needs in NJ. Call us at 732-332-1100 or fill out our online form.